Layla (or The Perils of Working from Home)

By Robb
This morning I have several things I need to get done in the office, so of course my sweet puppy is not being so sweet. She has chewed up everything from napkins to pencils (mechanical) to study notes. All the while not giving me too much peace in between bouts of energy.
 

4 comments so far.

  1. K E Alexander 11:23 AM
    So, the well-worn chorus is appropriate: "Layla, you got me on my knees. Layla, I'm beggin' darlin' please. Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind."

    We have Charlotte (Butcher) this week. So, last night she and Cayenne , who always push the edge of the underground fence envelope, were at the edge of the underneath area of the deck (the electrical border), standing up and scratching the siding and deck....both at the same time. And, we don't have a blues song that is appropriate. Any ideas?
  2. Josh Butcher 5:16 PM
    just wait till you have your first child and that sweet innocent puppy that you love and saved from a life of torture chews up that first child's... whatever, and you have to watch your wife, who naturally thinks its her fault that the stupid dog chewed up something, weep uncontrolably because her child can't have anything nice. thats when it gets real fun.
  3. Corky Alexander 6:14 PM
    her eyes are glowing...oh no!...she's getting closer...I'm being drawn into her stare....I must...I must......SNEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!
  4. Hope Butcher 6:25 PM
    haha! these comments are great! yes, I love dogs but they are the true picture of the phrase "can't live with them, can't live without them". I am both excited and full of dread about getting Charlotte back tonight. They do start calming down...unless they get around their co-conspirator cousin dog! Charlotte is starting to lay low, FINALLY!

Something to say?