convalescence

By Robb
Since Sunday I have been waylayed by stomach flu. It started Easter afternoon. Sunday night was rough, and I don't remember much of Monday at all, but have been on the mend since yesterday. I can't be on my feet yet fro any length of time without getting woozy again, but while laying around have been able to enjoy a few things.

I am continuing to read 1421 and am continuing to enjoy it. I have also been watching at near marathon rate How Its Made, a show on Discovery Channel that does explain how relatively ordinary things are made. Highlights from over the past two days are guitar amps, banjos, incandescent bulbs. It has been pretty interesting distraction as await the return of my appetite and the ability to keep things down.
 

7 comments so far.

  1. K E Alexander 10:02 PM
    Lowe's, Copernicus, Galileo, "How It's Made".....What do you think God is saying to you???
  2. m.d. mcmullin 4:12 PM
    I love that show. I often watch it at night and it helps me go to sleep. That sounds as if I think it's boring. It's just not overstimulating or prone to make one laugh, which is good for an evening show.
  3. ndfugate 5:47 PM
    How Its made may be the best show on TV not named Lost. Of course Arrested Development is no longer on TV. I too started 1421 after I returned from Spring Break. Just finishing up with Australia, but I am going to have to put it to the side until after exams. Hope you feel better soon.
  4. joel w. clackum 6:58 PM
    Isn't it funny, sometimes we get our most productive relaxing done when we are sick, in bed, and trying to mend. I found myself longing for a 24 hour bug the other day... Anyway, that sad, I like the show as well.
  5. Michelle 8:44 PM
    I have been through the stomach and chest flu as well. I hate being sick and more than that it's an inconvenience because I usually never catch what's going around. It was good seeing you guys. Tell the girls "hi"
  6. Judy 10:08 AM
    Good Morning, Son!!

    This week, be well!!!

    Look forward to much 'togetherness'
    this weekend with yourself, Kim and
    our Anna Claire!!
  7. Corky Alexander 7:30 AM
    Diaahrea, Joel wants it,,,where are our blogs going?

Something to say?