Holidays

Category: By Robb


We (my wife and I) are in Hoschton, GA, with my wife's family for the holidays. It has been a fun week hanging out and what not. We have watched Charlotte's Web, played many video as well as card games, shopped, and walked the dog and eaten a lot of good food. It has been a fun week and fun hanging out with Kim's family. It is odd being so old in this family (Kim is the oldest child) because in my family I am the youngest. I rediscovered my love for spades and realized I enjoy playstation games other than Madden.

In all this the strength of this family and their love for one another continues to be evident. I am privileged to have been accepted into such a warm family. The fun of the holidays are a welcome contrast from the normal pace of life, and the brevity of its duration makes it all the sweeter.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Corky Alexander 12:49 AM
    this dog looks like he could run around a couch.
  2. K E Alexander 11:48 AM
    I've really been thinking of the meaning of family over the last few weeks. I find that I constantly war against the notion which R. Clapp advocates: home and family are a mission base. My selfish nature wants me to see family/home as a safehouse and I struggle with wanting to cloister away. When we invite others in or become a part of another family, we are bearing witness. I'm glad you are experiencing that with Kim's family.

Something to say?