Randomness

Category: By Robb
Ok, so this has been a weird week. The weirdness of it has caused me no small amount of personal reflection, as well as long conversations with several people in my life. Those kinda what does this all mean sort of questions. Oddly, it has really been a very positive and blessed week in my life, and the fact that this is what has caused the consternation is funny. Can't handle playing with the lead I guess.

Anyway, this evening I was headed out the door to meet some friends. They called me to say they would be late because a storm had blown a tree down in the road in front of them. A car ahead of them had been demolished by the falling tree, so they asked me to pray while I waited on them. A few minutes later my friends called to inform me that though his family had been able to escape the car, the driver had been killed by the accident.

I sat there for a few minutes just stunned. Not that I knew this guy or anything, but how bizarre: you're just riding home (or anywhere!) with your family one moment and then your not. I wonder if that guy had any questions about where his life was headed, or if he was doing the right thing, or even what he thought his own future would be like? And in the end, did that matter?

I spend a lot of time in that existential self-conversation type of thing. Analyzing every move I make, or things that are going on around me. But one thing I have neglected in such conversations is the subject of mortality I guess.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. joel w. clackum 9:45 AM
    intense.... you just never know
  2. m.d. mcmullin 10:05 AM
    I like the new look of the blog.

    Have fun at the assembly.

Something to say?