family reunion

So I went to my family reunion today (biological). And in a way I had another reunion (spiritual) later on that day. Both were really enjoyable. My father's family had not been together in some time, since way before my father passed. It was interesting to see again where I had come from, and hear stories I had heard a thousand time again, but this time only from uncles. My Dad would have told many of them had he been there.

My spiritual family, or at least a part of them, also met up in Nashville (my new home-another post soon about that), Though I have a lengthening history with them, this reunion was all about the future, and what God was doing in all our lives. This was a meeting to celebrate and reflect on new stuff. New passions, new jobs, new opportunities. It was an interesting contrast from being with my Daddy's people, where all there is to talk about is twenty + year old stories, all of which I do treasure.

It is funny how jotting in the date book come together in reflective ways, seeing where I came from in the same day I see some of where I want to be in the future. I miss my Dad, and being with his brothers was kinda hard. So it was good that the day ended with hearing new things, and new directions.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. yasser 11:56 PM
    it is interesting how those reunions give you a sense of perspective

Something to say?